Even though it's only been a week...it seems like I have a years worth of info to report! So much has been happening here in the past week! Well, as most of you know, Jordin had a bronchoscopy and lung CT scan on Friday the 11th. Following that we were admitted for more IV antibiotics :o( I will try not to leave anything out!
SO, for all that, she is on 3 IV medications (Vanco (only IV option as her MRSA is resistant to all other they can use) runs for 2 hours every 6 hours because she developed Red Man's Syndrome from it so she also has to be given Benedryl before her IV is ran, Tobramycin runs for 30 min every 8 hours due to the nasty resistant psuedo she cultured in her lungs earlier this year, and Ceftazadime which is also 30 minutes every 8 hours...nearly impossible IV schedule!)
So that's for the lungs for now...I think...lol Okay, so I just lost more than what is typed up already cuz of this darn hospital login crap...so I gotta make this short and to the point now cuz I don't have time to go over everything I just did! SO, Jordin's o2 has been dropping at night, as low as 68% at times. So she is going to have a
We are also working on her vomiting. She has been able to go about 2 days at a time twice now without puking! We are draining her gtube/stomach into a farrell bag (just another thing for her to carry around with her). It has been helping def...but not a fix per say. Oh and we are working on a possible new way to do her enzymes. It will be dissolving them in sodium bicarb and administering them into her j tube...avoiding the throwing up of them and all the mayo and applesauce we use right now :o) We were going to do it already, but then her stools changed so until we figure out the cause of the change, whether it's just the abx or if it's c-diff (which they are testing for today) we don't want to change anything just yet. So hopefully soon that will avoid clogging of the tube too!
Ashlee is doing well at home with Dad and Grandma.